Industrial Zone - Guide to Leasing
At Industrial Zone Real Estate, we believe in the following tips when looking into commercial leasing:
1. Understand your occupancy costs such as land tax, council rates, and water rate connections. Operating costs and outgoings are important to know in advance before committing.
2. Escalation clauses; the lease will likely be increased annually. That can be as little as CPI which varies or a fixed rate might be used.
3. Negotiating incentives could be available such as rent-free periods or build of an office space or mezzanine as an extra incentive.
4. Fit out expenses are usually done at the tenant’s expense but also keep in mind that it might be costly to strip it away when you leave especially if you need to leave it how you found it.
5. Upfront costs are needed for security in every lease. So ensure you have good security.
Check the zoning and what would be permissible for that property. The landlord and agent are not responsible for passing this information on.